Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, easy orange chicken. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Easy orange chicken is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Easy orange chicken is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
In a pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. How to make Easy Orange Chicken: Combine the orange juice and chicken. Add the flour and spices and toss to coat.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have easy orange chicken using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy orange chicken:
- Make ready for the sauce:
- Get 1 cup orange juice
- Take 1/2 cup sugar
- Make ready 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Take 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Take 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Get 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Prepare 2 tablespoons water
- Take 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- Make ready Orange zest from one orange
- Get Prepare fried boneless wings (see my recipe)
- Make ready Garnish: green onions (optional)
I made this orange chicken a little healthier by opting not to deep fry the chicken pieces. Instead, the chicken in sauteed in two tablespoons of oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon and carefully add it to the skillet. Dip pieces of chicken in the egg and then cover in flour/cornstarch.
Instructions to make Easy orange chicken:
- Prepare chicken nuggets/ boneless wings (see my recipe)
- In medium sauce pan combine juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger garlic and chili flakes and cook on medium for 3 minutes.
- In separate bowl mix water and cornstarch. Pour cornstarch and water mixture into the orange sauce in the pan and continue cooking 5 minutes until it thickens. Remove from heat and add in orange zest if you wish.
- Toss chicken in sauce and garnish with green onions or zest if you wish and serve! Pairs great with fried or white rice and homemade crab rangoons (see my recipe for rangoons)
Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon and carefully add it to the skillet. Dip pieces of chicken in the egg and then cover in flour/cornstarch. Add a thin layer of oil to a frying pan and turn your stove on medium/high heat. Once it sizzles, add the chicken to the pan. Quick and Easy Sweet and Sticky Orange Chicken Glaze.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food easy orange chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!